Daniel Smyth has tagged me — because I tag blog entries “Random.” The game is to write down six random things about myself, then tag six others. I’ll play.
1. My first editor (on the Dos Pueblos High School newspaper) was Lisa Stark, now ABC News Washington correspondent.
2. My first fiction editors were Jo and Thomas Perry, who published my short story “Boomer Sooner” in the UC Santa Barbara literary magazine, Spectrum (way before they wrote for Star Trek: The Next Generation, or Thomas won an Edgar).
3. My grandfather was an honorary chief of the Chickasaw Nation. But I’ve never gotten around to filling out the paperwork to join the tribal rolls.
4. The hymn “Jerusalem” makes me cry.
5. So does watching film footage of Secretariat winning the Triple Crown.
6. This photo gives me the shivers and a lump in the throat. If you understand why, you’re either from Eugene, you’re a distance runner, or you know how rarely a single image so starkly foreshadows what was to come.
Now to pick on — I mean, now to pick — the next players. Let’s trawl the comments section and haul some bloggers out to play. I tag:
- Adrienne Dines.
- Say It Ain’t Slow.
- Melanie Gold.
- DJ Paterson.
- The Literate Housewife Review.
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Write six random things about yourself.
- Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
- Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
- Let your tagger know when your entry is up.